ALL QUESTIONS ARE 6 MARKS
1. Using examples you have studied, describe the environmental hazards found in urban areas.
2. Using an example you have studied
a. Explain why some urban areas are at risk of natural hazards
b. Describe how the threat of a natural hazard can be reduced
3. Explain how urban redevelopment strategies are being used to improve economic and environmental conditions in developed countries
4. Using examples you have studied, describe the methods being used to reduce traffic congestion in urban areas.
5. Why are urban areas in developing countries growing rapidly?
6. Describe the challenges and opportunities created by urban growth in developing countries
7. Explain how conditions for the urban poor are being improved in developing countries
8. Describe the methods that can be used to:
a. Make urban areas increasingly carbon neutral
b. Increase the amount of green space in urban areas
9. What factors need to be considered if a planned settlement is going to be sustainable